Jeff the Robot Jeff the Robot

Nice attempt

Audio:
The voicing wasn't too bad. You need to work on a consistent volume.
Also, you could use a greater range of sound effects, e.g. when the robot hit the ground you could've made some exploding sound or something.
Background music would've been good, I find that it helps set the mood.

Animation:
You used motion tween alot. Tweening is good if used properly. You did have some pretty good effects that made the robots look almost 3D, but I also saw some very bad points. For example, when the door opened, the robot went almost straight through the door (you can avoid this by using masks or simply not drawing the parts that are behind the door) and his feet didnt move AT ALL when moving closer towards the screen.
In addition, when your robot talked, what you did was draw the mouth as a circle but made it move randomly (or so that's what I think you did).
You could've either used actual lipsyncing (there's plenty of good tutorials for that here on ng)
OR even better (and easier): you could've just made the robot's mouths light on and off or move in a more machine-like way (such as open/close/open/close...)

One other thing, the first minute you had the three robots just sitting there, the same scene throughout. THIS IS VERY BAD. If you want people to keep watching, you should at least change the view every so often.

Overall a good attempt, the best part I liked in your flash is the part where the middle robot started drinking the oil. That scene, in my opinion, had the best animating. Also, the jet pack scene with the screaming showed me your true knowledge in animating, as, a beginner would not know of moving the buildings (instead of the the robot with jet pack) to create a sense of movement.

Keep at it.

Z370 responds:

Thanks for the review I appreciate it! I was actually planning on adding and changing the things you mentioned but I ran out of time before robot day was over so it ended a rushed project. But anyways thanks again.

Castle Repercussions - A Castle Repercussions - A

I thought i'd never see this!

I have been waiting for this moment now! Your series is a masterpiece, everything has been tweaked to perfection! You have a great choice of music and the voice acting is superb. The animation is flawless. and to top it off, the storyline catches the viewers attention very well. There is so much detail. Great job, the 2 years were well spent, i just wish it were a bit faster :D. I look forward to parts B and C.

Get-lost responds:

I hope I were too. But thanks :)

EFN Episode 2: Brother EFN Episode 2: Brother

great animation

You are one of the best animators on newgrounds, in my opinion, everything was great in this video, Animation, graphics, music, voices and sound fx. One thing I enjoyed seeing was backgrounds in the extras section at the end of the flash. All good flash animators such as yourself should have that, it lets amateur animators like me to observe the scenes in detail and learn alot about how to draw in flash. I hope you wont be disappointing fans and leaving this series unfinished, I look forward to the next installment!

Charlie the Duck Charlie the Duck

Wow!

I played this game in primary school like 5 years ago. How come its only been uploaded on Newgrounds now?
anyway, this is a great game, just like mario but slightly different.

Maze Mania 2 Maze Mania 2

you can also cheat by pressing alt

hey i liked this game, i've started making a game just like this, im just wondering where u got the actionscript so that when u clicked (left click/right click) u got to the the game over screen. Good game, it would have been better if it had more levels. The graphics could have been better.

05AshallL responds:

i kindof made the script up myself, i can give you summary of it if you want ?

Magnet Racer Magnet Racer

good game

the graphics were good. however, the music was badly looped and this is not really a original concept. but good job anyway

F Zero X - Mute City DNB Remix F Zero X - Mute City DNB Remix

Good attempt

Well, it was an alright work.
Repetitive.

That's probably the biggest flaw of this work. Although, I know that in the actual theme on the game it loops over and over again, this doesn't mean you necesarily HAVE to follow that structure. It sounds to me like you have copied and pasted the first minute of what you've made and just made it play a second time. Perhaps you should've submitted this song as a 'loop' and made the first minute or so (wherever it was when it started repeating) loop back to the start.

But that's your own choice. If, however, you do still want it to repeat the second time (nothing stopping you from doing that). It, however, would be very boring and people would stop listening to it.

Why?
It's because you have used the same instruments, same drum pattern, same melody and dynamics. So in future pieces of yours, remember to vary these things, even if it's by a little bit. It will surely make the piece much more interesting.

Lastly, you submitted this in DnB. Although, yes, you have added the DnB styled drumline to the melody. Personally, I think this fits in the "Video Game music" category a bit better. The reason? Okay, I'm no expert, but drum and bass focuses on.. well, you guessed it, drum and bass. In your piece, you have emphasized the melody(sounds like you've used some square leads or something similar?) than the drumline or bass. Have a listen to some of the popular newgrounds drum and bass artists (I always listen to ParagonX9) So just keep that in mind, people dislike going to browse a genre of music on newgrounds and finding something that doesn't really fit the genre.

So, just remember, variation in your piece is very important! I hope to be able to hear from you in the near future!! (perhaps an original?)

Thanks for reading, I hope I was helpful!

- username0hi0