Jeff the Robot Jeff the Robot

Nice attempt

Audio:
The voicing wasn't too bad. You need to work on a consistent volume.
Also, you could use a greater range of sound effects, e.g. when the robot hit the ground you could've made some exploding sound or something.
Background music would've been good, I find that it helps set the mood.

Animation:
You used motion tween alot. Tweening is good if used properly. You did have some pretty good effects that made the robots look almost 3D, but I also saw some very bad points. For example, when the door opened, the robot went almost straight through the door (you can avoid this by using masks or simply not drawing the parts that are behind the door) and his feet didnt move AT ALL when moving closer towards the screen.
In addition, when your robot talked, what you did was draw the mouth as a circle but made it move randomly (or so that's what I think you did).
You could've either used actual lipsyncing (there's plenty of good tutorials for that here on ng)
OR even better (and easier): you could've just made the robot's mouths light on and off or move in a more machine-like way (such as open/close/open/close...)

One other thing, the first minute you had the three robots just sitting there, the same scene throughout. THIS IS VERY BAD. If you want people to keep watching, you should at least change the view every so often.

Overall a good attempt, the best part I liked in your flash is the part where the middle robot started drinking the oil. That scene, in my opinion, had the best animating. Also, the jet pack scene with the screaming showed me your true knowledge in animating, as, a beginner would not know of moving the buildings (instead of the the robot with jet pack) to create a sense of movement.

Keep at it.

Z370 responds:

Thanks for the review I appreciate it! I was actually planning on adding and changing the things you mentioned but I ran out of time before robot day was over so it ended a rushed project. But anyways thanks again.

Castle Repercussions - A Castle Repercussions - A

I thought i'd never see this!

I have been waiting for this moment now! Your series is a masterpiece, everything has been tweaked to perfection! You have a great choice of music and the voice acting is superb. The animation is flawless. and to top it off, the storyline catches the viewers attention very well. There is so much detail. Great job, the 2 years were well spent, i just wish it were a bit faster :D. I look forward to parts B and C.

Get-lost responds:

I hope I were too. But thanks :)

EFN Episode 2: Brother EFN Episode 2: Brother

great animation

You are one of the best animators on newgrounds, in my opinion, everything was great in this video, Animation, graphics, music, voices and sound fx. One thing I enjoyed seeing was backgrounds in the extras section at the end of the flash. All good flash animators such as yourself should have that, it lets amateur animators like me to observe the scenes in detail and learn alot about how to draw in flash. I hope you wont be disappointing fans and leaving this series unfinished, I look forward to the next installment!

2nd Annual Tank Awards 2nd Annual Tank Awards

hahaha

great vid tom, mindchamber and voicegirl. Tom's facial expressions are priceless. This video almost seems unorganised, (was it?) and reminds me of that speech i did last year for english. great job, had me laughing.

Totally Random Totally Random

good

The quality of this flash was overall pretty good. But i cant say it was excellent due to the lack of storyline and all that stuff.

The animation was pretty good... IN SOME PARTS. For example, when you started the shading effects on mario and luigi or the occasional frame by frame animation, that was good, but near the beginning of the flash there were these random looped (what looked like to be 2 frame)movie clips that looked extremely bad.

The sound quality was pretty good but i would've liked some sound effects. That would have made it just a bit more better. Overall, nice effort.

I like doing these kinds of "random flashes" to improve on my drawing, i assume that was the point of you making this flash? Not everybody likes to watch these "random flashes" and you'll probably get some reviews that give you 0 for not being original and few giving you 10 for the randomness, i am one of the few that accept them.

good work, if you're going to make a second episode of this, i wouldnt recommend it. But thats just my opinion.

Calicard responds:

The second episode wont be a random string of things like this.

Smiley -Battle for Smokes Smiley -Battle for Smokes

awesome!

Man... that totally happens in real life, i did it just yesterday, but at the end there were two nukes instead of one. Anyway, the animation was great, apart from some of the explosions and blood spatters, the looped movie clips were good, but... a bit repetitive. other than that, it was very funny and the music fitted in very well. good job

"Our Show" Show Opening "Our Show" Show Opening

haha

The drawings on ur flash were pretty good, but the actual animating wasn't. It was just too jumpy. Currently, you have only drawn the main keyframes, i recommend you to try to draw the inbetween frames as well. Also, the graphics werent very smooth looking, perhaps u exported it with low quality? I think it went a bit too slowly at the start. The voices were awesome! really funny, that white guy sounded like a chicken sometimes. Overall, pretty good job, very random with the monkeys and stuff, made me laugh. could you possibly tell me the name of the piece you used at the start?

Pooh - It Had to be Done2 Pooh - It Had to be Done2

haha

this made me laught a bit. i dont really understand why pooh went to lick piglet though. I reckon the animation was pretty well done, but the voices werent too clear at times. and wayyy to short! but keep it up.

e-lusiv3yearold responds:

You don't get why Pooh went to lick Piglet?

Piglet didn't get it either.

Eyes Peeled Eyes Peeled

haha

I think your animation was pretty good. The humour was alright, it wasnt new to me coz i read this book which had that joke in it quite a few years ago. Its a bit short, but i guess it was supposed to be. Just one thing, when the guy started talking about the car keys, i think you could have made it better by moving this head a bit or make him do some other body gestures. good job!

Cliff of Pie Cliff of Pie

erm..

it was alright. PIE is good, the audio was good. but the actual animation wasnt

gnome42 responds:

What's wrong with a fellow eating out of an endless pie?